Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hot digity!

Hello friends. It's been a while. Things have been relatively quiet on the metro, and I briefly had something more interesting than blogging in my life...thank goodness THAT'S over!

Today, its 75 degrees outside and 150 0n the Metro. Concepts like flexibility and reasonable change still elude Metro management.

It's crowded, but not unduly so, so the utter stank of sweating bodies isn't off the nasal charts as yet. I'm facing backward, and a cute little banker dude keeps meeting my eye...yes, i've checked to make sure that the skirt is down, the Girls are in and there's nothing on my face...no accounting for taste.

Also directly in front of me is a relatively normal looking guy with a ginormous duffle bag and a parka that could house a family of eight. He's hanging on to the bar as if it is his lover...and I in fact believe he imagines it were. Every now and then he does a fascinating little pelvic thrust ( the parka is between him and the bar), and arches his head back to the ceiling...all the while muttering something to himself. The two women standing beside him keep looking at him, then each other then me and giggling.

I'd like to sleep to make it all go away but its too hot. There are several men on here who have soaked through their shirts...faces are red and glistening. It's the type of atmosphere that would foment a group of teens into a full on riot. Luckily, this is the working class crew and we dont have the energy to get upset when someone runs our toes over with their pretentious rolling brief cases or slaps us about the pate with their over-sized zebra print bag (yes...both have happened just now).

My gyrating friend wants to be a lifeguard...heaven help us all...he's rockin his grey lifeguard tee tucked into his leather braided belt and pleated navy cargo pants. A few more weeks, and we can start talking about inapproriate flesh-showing in public areas...I, for one, am giddy with excitement
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. Feels like I am right there with you. Ahhh, DC metro - nothing like it. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete