Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Take a picture, it lasts longer!

Ok. First things first. I'm no beauty queen. Granted, I tend not to break mirrors, but that's the extent of it. No, thats not self-loathing; I'm content with what I look like for the most part.

It's a packed Metro today and a little too toasty for the heat, which is on. I'm playing solitaire and listening to Winter Winds, by my fave, Mumford and Sons. I love the lyrics and how they make me think.

Perhaps I'm making a face, in my thoughtfulness. I dont think I am, though. I looked up and a relatively short, relatively round, very bald man is looking at me. Not terribly uncommon because it's all about keeping awake when you're standing up (which he is). All's fare in love, war, and Metro standing.

A couple stops later and I look up...there he is again, still staring. Then he WINKS! I look down, but watch him out of the periphery of my eyes, while seriptiously typing this blog.  He has not stopped looking at me and smiling. A man got on and he made him shove past him because he didn't want to stop staring. Seriously????

I don't understand this, and happens more than I care to admit. I attribute it sometimes to my tendency to bop a bit when I'm standing and listening to my iPod. Or my particularly larger-than-normal crazy Irish almost red hair. Sometimes it may be 'The Girls'...again, an admitted distraction.
(He just got off at White Flint).

Today, however, my hair is pretty calm. I have a very high cut dress and sweater (Megan, the Hooch, called it girly and asked where the sock hop was going to be). I'm not bobbing...what gives? There are many, many cuter, hotter, more interesting people to spend a long Metro ride watching.

Times like this remind me that I am on a system that caters to people of all walks of life; there's no telling what psychological niche staring at me fulfills. Do these people have a big hair fetish? Do freckles turn them on? Ok, ok, i get the boob thing...hell, I might even look. I dont have particular things that make me stare...which begs the question? What would YOU stare at???

(and that picture is proof The Girls and the Irish 'fro) are behaving)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't stare. I don't like it when I'm on the receiving end so I try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... me either, 'cause I don't want to give the satisfaction...but what would make you take a second look? It's almost always eyes for me...or a really crazy outfit, but that's a different look LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deformity. Huge deformity. Lol. Eyes for sure. Stylish outfit or disaster-either one. And a stink-eye for parents who let their kids run wild & disruptive all over the place w/ no regard for others.

    ReplyDelete